Are you ready for results?
It’s not every day that you list your investment property or family home for rent. But when you do, chances are you’d prefer to work with a property manager that puts you first. You know the type: the property manager who drops everything to arrange a last-
1. Personalised service
We take the time to get to know every client and develop tailored strategies that suit their circumstances.
It’s our job to help you find and keep great tenants. We do everything we can to make this happen, including staying accountable for our performance, client satisfaction and goals we set ourselves.
3. Innovation and improvement
We’re always looking for new ways to communicate with clients and deliver outstanding experiences – it’s one reason we have an online portal for tenants and landlords.
The Real Estate Agency you hire will play a key role in the success of your property investment. Here are some reasons why you should hire Fiona Wall Properties.
The important stuff…
- Fiona Wall has been managing properties in Canberra and Queanbeyan for 15 years.
- Fiona Wall is a licensed real estate agent, a business agent and a stock and station agent.
- Fiona Wall Properties employees are all registered agents, who have trained directly under Fiona and have studied to gain their qualifications.
- Fiona Wall Properties professionals maintain and update their knowledge and skills after qualification by completing their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) studies every year.
- Fiona Wall Properties uses the sophisticated industry leader PropertyMe Real Estate Trust Accounting software.
- Property management is stressful, forever challenging and exciting! At Fiona Wall Properties our staff are problem solvers and solution finders. We love our jobs.
Availability and Communication
- Our office is manned during the hours of 9:30am to 5:00pm, unless we get a callout that cannot wait and then there is a chance that the office will have the ‘out of office’ sign on the door.
- At Fiona Wall Properties our phones and cars are really our true office, we answer the phones whenever they ring and if we are busy or are driving, we call you back the moment we are free.
- If there is an emergency with your property we deal with it no matter what time of day or night it is.
- Fiona Wall Properties staff will call you, email you, text you or write you whenever we have an issue to deal with.
- On the first business day of the new month Fiona is busy doing the end of month payments to our clients, making sure everyone receives their statements and invoices.
- When your routine inspections have been carried out you will receive a copy, it will give you an indication of how your investment is being looked after and if any maintenance is required and if something has been requested by your tenants.
- Portal logins are available for our property owners, giving you quick and convenient access to your statements. This can be very handy if you are sitting with your accountant and require information from a statement.
- At Fiona Wall Properties we are experts at pricing rentals. We carry out extensive research and compare your property to other properties on the market, we take into account the location of your property, the condition it is in and the market environment at the time.
- All tradespersons engaged by Fiona Wall Properties carry the necessary insurances, are qualified in their field, have an ABN and have been tried on Fiona’s own properties.
- Many of tradespersons Fiona uses have been doing work with her since Fiona started in real estate 15 years ago.
- Fiona Wall Properties uses Rockend REST for all our property managements. A little about Rockend from their site “35 years in business confirms that reliable, functionally rich software is important for any business, however of greater significance is choosing a partner committed to the industry, support, education and the ongoing development of the solution”.
- It is the main focus at Fiona Wall Properties to keep an income property turning a profit by always knowing when your tenants are changing and finding new ones, making sure that maintenance is carried out on your property, keeping you –
our clients informed and conducting rent reviews to ensure we are always at the current market rate for your property.
- All potential tenants are checked on the Veda National Tenancy Database (NTD) for; Tenant Check – provides details of tenancy history held on the database Individual, Public Record Search – provides details of bankruptcies, court orders or judgements on individuals, Identity Verification – checks details against known data sources, Visa Verification – confirms a valid visa for the period of a lease for international lessees, Business or Company Search – provides details on the credit history of a business or company, ASIC Search – provides incorporation detail and confirmation of directorship. Fiona Wall Properties believes in finding the best tenants we can for your property, this saves everyone time, stress and wasted energy. We believe NTD is an excellent resource.
Dealing With Difficult Tenants
- Difficult tenants are part of property management, but that doesn’t have to mean that things end badly. We are expert negotiators, we take the time to listen to all parties and deal with the true issues that become evident during conversation.
- Fiona Wall Properties prefers to negotiate the best outcome for all parties as soon as issues arise. This makes it less likely to have to take the more serious phases at ACAT.
- We take the necessary steps to remedy the situation and resolve issues as early as possible.
- If the issue cannot be resolved by negotiation and remedy then we may find it necessary to take the matter to the Australian Capital Territory Civil & Administrative Tribunal (ACAT).
- At ACAT a dispute resolution conference or a hearing will take place and a Member will mediate the session with the intention of the attending parties coming to an agreement. When necessary the ACAT will hand down a judgement and Orders which are to be followed.
- Fiona Wall Properties staff are fully qualified to attend ACAT on your behalf with your approval and appropriate authority.